||Minerals & Metals
The mining, metals, and minerals industry forms the foundation of modern society. Mining consists of locating, excavating, and processing geological materials such as metals, minerals, or precious stones. Energy-related materials, as well as cultivable resources are excluded from this category. This industry is dominated by large, multinational firms.
The challenges they potentially face are to:
- Improve product strategies.
- Management of product development.
- Manage the complex movements of materials.
- Ensure solid delivery performance and customer satisfaction.
- Purchase maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) materials and services.
- Meet demand in a well-coordinated, flexible manner.
- Changes in demand, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Management of capital expenditures, asset investments, and asset maintenance.
- Reduce operating costs, improve asset utilization.
- Track, store, and move goods and materials.
- Make-to-order sales.
- Make-to-stock sales.
- Monitor and manage customer complaint information.
- Manage talent, workforce processes, and human capital services delivery.
- Travel, incentives and commissions, real estate.
- Environment, health and safety.